COVID 19 UPDATE
Now that gyms, churches, movie theaters and indoor dining is back, I am ready to bring back the Church of 8 Wheels Roller Disco. The Church of 8 Wheels has been closed to the public since a week before the Corona virus Shelter in Place order was in effect in March, 2020. We began preparing for the reopening of the rink long ago. The following are the steps we have taken to keep people safe while having a funky good time at the Church of 8 Wheels, San Francisco’s Roller Disco!!!
1. The Church of 8 Wheels staff will wear face masks and face shields.
2. Hand sanitizer has been placed in both restrooms, at the registration area, the coat check area and the skate rental area.
3. We are changing our hours. Public skate sessions will be 2 hours long.
4. Each person will have their temperature checked as they enter the building
5. We have reduced the numbers of skaters per session to whatever recommendations are required. We have 6,000 sq. ft. of skating space. At full capacity, the rink can hold 200 skaters. At 10% that is 20 skaters
6. We have created a 30 minute cleaning schedule between each session including using our very own UVC light disinfectant hardware.
7. We are installing a UVC light air scrubbing system in the rink. We created it to address the possible airborne spread of the virus.
8. All rentals skates will be sanitized by our revolutionary new UVC/Ozone Skate Sanitation System after each use.
9. We are installing plastic barriers at the registration area, coat check area, and skate rental area.
10. Everyone will be required to wear a mask while skating. Masks are available. This will be strictly enforced.
11. Everyone must complete liability form accurately so that contact tracing can be done if necessary.
12. Social distancing while roller skating will be strictly enforced.
For the past year, we have been skating in Golden Gate Park enforcing the mask rules and social distancing rules so that when we reopen the Church, we would be ready and prepared. We are ready and ready to do it right. We can keep people safe and give them a desperately needed escape for adults, kids, and families.